Himachal Pradesh lashed by rains, snow; temperature dips
Shimla: Most parts of Himachal Pradesh witnessed moderate to heavy rains while some parts received snowfall, leading to a drop in temperature across the state.
Monsoon remained active in Mandi, Kangra, Sirmaur, Una and parts of Hamirpur, Solan and Shimla districts while several parts experienced heavy snowfall.
Una in Shivalik foothills was the wettest in the region with 140 mm of rains while Renuka in Sirmaur district, which got 300 mm of rains yesterday, recorded 139 mm of rains during past 24 hours.
Paonta Sahib, Sangrah and Nahan in Sirmaur received 110 mm, 70 mm and 62 mm rains respectively while Kangra got 46 mm rains, followed by Dharamsala and Bangana 42 mm.
Solan got 20.3 mm rains and Manali 6.4 mm.
Day temperatures dropped by two to five notches to stay at 28.8 degree Celsius and 27 deg C at Dharamshala and Una.
Sundernagar recorded a high of 26.9 deg C, followed by Nahan 26.7 deg C, Solan 26.2 deg C, Bhuntar 26.0 deg C, Shimla 20.9 deg C and Kalpa 18.2 deg C.
The minimum temperature dropped by one to degree and Keylong, Kapla and Manali recorded a low of 13.4 deg C, 13.6 deg C and 14 deg C.
Nahan and Shimla recorded minimum temperature at 16.4 deg C and 17.0 deg C. The local MeT office has warned of heavy rains at isolated places in low and mid hills during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen