Himachal Pradesh minister `resigns`
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Transport Minister GS Bali submitted his resignation to senior Congress leaders as he was allegedly unhappy with his portfolio, party sources said. The minister himself refused to comment on the issue.
Bali was allegedly upset with the style of functioning of the five-month-old Virbhadra Singh cabinet, they said, adding that Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh was in Delhi.
"No comment. I will talk to the media on the issue tomorrow," Bali told a news agency.
The Chief Minister`s Office refused to say anything on the issue. "We have no information," an official said.
Party sources said Bali submitted his resignation to Congress leaders Ahmad Patel and the state`s party in-charge Birender Chaudhary for consideration and forwarding to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"Bali was unhappy with the portfolios allocated to him," a party leader said.
Besides transport, Bali holds civil supplies and technical education portfolios.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal