Himachal Pradesh Minister Vidya Stokes rejects news about her resignation
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Irrigation and Pubic Health Minister Vidya Stokes on Friday expressed her anger over media reports that she has tendered her resignation and threatened to sue the mediapersons concerned in the court.
"I have not resigned and what is the provocation for such a step," she asked, dismissing the reports as baseless.
State Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh also seemed agitated over media reports on dissidence within Congress Legislature Party and reacted sharply when a journalist asked him as to what was the need for ministers and independent MLAs to issue statements in his favour.
"It is because of you people who are creating rift by publishing wrong reports in the media and have become bigger politicians," he retorted.
Earlier, when Stokes was asked about her support to the Chief Minister, she said, "I am with him, what is the provocation for asking this question."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city