Himachal Pradesh Minister Vidya Stokes rejects news about her resignation
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Irrigation and Pubic Health Minister Vidya Stokes on Friday expressed her anger over media reports that she has tendered her resignation and threatened to sue the mediapersons concerned in the court.
"I have not resigned and what is the provocation for such a step," she asked, dismissing the reports as baseless.
State Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh also seemed agitated over media reports on dissidence within Congress Legislature Party and reacted sharply when a journalist asked him as to what was the need for ministers and independent MLAs to issue statements in his favour.
"It is because of you people who are creating rift by publishing wrong reports in the media and have become bigger politicians," he retorted.
Earlier, when Stokes was asked about her support to the Chief Minister, she said, "I am with him, what is the provocation for asking this question."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?