Himachal Pradesh sunny but shivers
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s popular tourist destinations - Shimla and Manali witnessed a pleasant and sunny on Monday but the minimum temperature in most parts of the state dipped by several notches due to crystal clear skies, the Met Office said.
Shimla`s night temperature fell by 0.6 degree Celsius from Sunday`s 2.3 degrees Celsius, it said. The day temperature stayed at 13.9 degrees Celsius Sunday.
The minimum temperature in Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, was down by 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to Sunday.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, while the temperature was minus 3 degrees Celsius in Manali and 5.8 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
These towns Sunday recorded the night temperature at minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, minus 1.6 degrees Celsius and 6.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
The weather office attributed the decline in mercury to crystal clear skies.
"When the sky is cloudy the night temperature rises sharply and it falls when the sky is clear," a weather official said.
The weather would remain mainly dry in next few days.
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti