Himachal Pradesh sunny but shivers
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s popular tourist destinations - Shimla and Manali witnessed a pleasant and sunny on Monday but the minimum temperature in most parts of the state dipped by several notches due to crystal clear skies, the Met Office said.
Shimla`s night temperature fell by 0.6 degree Celsius from Sunday`s 2.3 degrees Celsius, it said. The day temperature stayed at 13.9 degrees Celsius Sunday.
The minimum temperature in Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, was down by 1.9 degrees Celsius compared to Sunday.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, while the temperature was minus 3 degrees Celsius in Manali and 5.8 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
These towns Sunday recorded the night temperature at minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, minus 1.6 degrees Celsius and 6.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
The weather office attributed the decline in mercury to crystal clear skies.
"When the sky is cloudy the night temperature rises sharply and it falls when the sky is clear," a weather official said.
The weather would remain mainly dry in next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation