Himachal Pradesh vying for "Nirmal State" status
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is making all out efforts to make all 2233 gram panchayats Open Defecation Free (ODF) to become a `Nirmal State`.
"The government is making concerted efforts to make the total sanitation campaign a big sucess in the state," SK BS Negi, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, said here today.
The state is trying hard to become a `Nirmal State` by making all 2233 gram panchayats ODF, he said.
Reviewing progress of the sanitation campaign programme, Negi said 1011 gram panchayats in the state had already been awarded Nirmal Gram Awards.
A special awareness campaign would be launched to make Himachal ODF in next three months, he said.
The law would be effectively enforced to curb the tendency of open defecation, Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’