Himachal Pradesh vying for "Nirmal State" status
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is making all out efforts to make all 2233 gram panchayats Open Defecation Free (ODF) to become a `Nirmal State`.
"The government is making concerted efforts to make the total sanitation campaign a big sucess in the state," SK BS Negi, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, said here today.
The state is trying hard to become a `Nirmal State` by making all 2233 gram panchayats ODF, he said.
Reviewing progress of the sanitation campaign programme, Negi said 1011 gram panchayats in the state had already been awarded Nirmal Gram Awards.
A special awareness campaign would be launched to make Himachal ODF in next three months, he said.
The law would be effectively enforced to curb the tendency of open defecation, Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan