Himachal Pradesh vying for "Nirmal State" status
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is making all out efforts to make all 2233 gram panchayats Open Defecation Free (ODF) to become a `Nirmal State`.
"The government is making concerted efforts to make the total sanitation campaign a big sucess in the state," SK BS Negi, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, said here today.
The state is trying hard to become a `Nirmal State` by making all 2233 gram panchayats ODF, he said.
Reviewing progress of the sanitation campaign programme, Negi said 1011 gram panchayats in the state had already been awarded Nirmal Gram Awards.
A special awareness campaign would be launched to make Himachal ODF in next three months, he said.
The law would be effectively enforced to curb the tendency of open defecation, Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC