Himachal Pradesh’s minister bereaved
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil`s wife died early Tuesday in a New Delhi hospital after a brief illness, family members here said.
Anuradha Shandil, 57, died in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, where she was hospitalised for quite time, the family said.
She was working with the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi as the chief medical officer.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Governor Urmila Singh mourned her demise.
Shandil is a two-time former Lok Sabha member and first-time legislator from Solan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore