Himachal Pradesh’s minister bereaved
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil`s wife died early Tuesday in a New Delhi hospital after a brief illness, family members here said.
Anuradha Shandil, 57, died in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, where she was hospitalised for quite time, the family said.
She was working with the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi as the chief medical officer.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Governor Urmila Singh mourned her demise.
Shandil is a two-time former Lok Sabha member and first-time legislator from Solan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site