Himachal Pradesh’s minister bereaved
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil`s wife died early Tuesday in a New Delhi hospital after a brief illness, family members here said.
Anuradha Shandil, 57, died in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, where she was hospitalised for quite time, the family said.
She was working with the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi as the chief medical officer.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Governor Urmila Singh mourned her demise.
Shandil is a two-time former Lok Sabha member and first-time legislator from Solan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites