Himachal reels under cold wave
Shimla: Cold wave tightened its grip over Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures stayed two to three degrees below normal in most part of the state.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 4.1 degree Celsius while Sundernagar, Bhuntar, Manali and Kalpa reeled under severe cold with minimum temperature staying between 2 and 3 deg C.
Solan, Mandi and Una recorded a low of 3.5 deg C, 4.1 deg C, 4.5 deg C, however, the state capital Shimla was hottest during the night with minimum temperature recording at 10.5 deg C, 5.7 notches above normal.
Northwesterly winds are prevailing over the state and a fresh Western Disturbance (WD) as an upper air system is likely to affect the Western Himalayan region from December 7 onwards causing rain or snow, sources in meteorological office said.
Nahan recorded minimum temperature at 10.2 deg C, 2 degree below normal while Palampur and Dharamsla recorded a low of 8.4 deg C.
Una was hottest during the day with maximum temperature measuring at 26 deg C, followed by Sundernagar 23.7 deg C, Nahan 23.5 deg C, Solan 25 deg C and Dharamsala 21.2 deg C, 2 to 5 degrees above normal.
Shimla recorded a high of 20.1 deg C, 7 degree above normal, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre