Himachal rivers in spate as heavy rain continues
Shimla: All major rivers and their tributaries in Himachal Pradesh are in spate as moderate to heavy rain continues to lash the hills in the state, said officials.
"Precipitation occurred at most places with heavy to very heavy rainfall at some places in Shimla, Solan, Sirmaur, Kangra, Una, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Chamba and Mandi districts," said an official of the Met office. The monsoon will be subdued Aug 17 to Aug 22, the official added.
Mandi town received 135 mm of rainfall while Sundernagar received 131 mm and Bhoranj in Hamirpur district received 120 mm of rainfall.
Shimla received 62 mm of rainfall while Dharamsala got 18.8 mm and Manali 50 mm.
There were reports of link roads being closed in the interiors of Shimla, Mandi, Kangra and Hamirpur districts, hampering movement of traffic.
A government spokesperson said Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries were in spate in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, Bilaspur and Sirmaur districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'