Himachal road reopens after six months
Shimla: The Saach Pass, the gateway to the Pangi Valley in Himachal Pradesh, has reopened to traffic after six long months, an official said Tuesday.
"The snow clearing operation on the Saach Pass has been completed," Resident Commissioner Gopal Chand said on telephone from Killar town. The pass was closed in December owning to heavy snowfall.
The pass is the shortest road link between Chamba, some 450 km from here, and the Pangi Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces