Himachal road reopens after six months
Shimla: The Saach Pass, the gateway to the Pangi Valley in Himachal Pradesh, has reopened to traffic after six long months, an official said Tuesday.
"The snow clearing operation on the Saach Pass has been completed," Resident Commissioner Gopal Chand said on telephone from Killar town. The pass was closed in December owning to heavy snowfall.
The pass is the shortest road link between Chamba, some 450 km from here, and the Pangi Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them