Himachal road reopens after six months
Shimla: The Saach Pass, the gateway to the Pangi Valley in Himachal Pradesh, has reopened to traffic after six long months, an official said Tuesday.
"The snow clearing operation on the Saach Pass has been completed," Resident Commissioner Gopal Chand said on telephone from Killar town. The pass was closed in December owning to heavy snowfall.
The pass is the shortest road link between Chamba, some 450 km from here, and the Pangi Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city