Himachal seals part of Asaram`s ashram campus
Shimla: In a swift action against controversial spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, the Himachal Pradesh government Friday sealed part of the campus raised by his ashram in the state`s Sirmaur district by allegedly encroaching land, an official said.
"The central government had sought assistance from the state for sealing the campus allegedly encroached upon by Asaram Bapu`s ashram and we have provided them," Deputy Commissioner Vikas Labroo told IANS.
He said only the campus raised on 14.6 bighas out of the total 30 bighas has been sealed.
The ashram, it is alleged, has encroached a huge chunk of forest land in Kunja Madralia village in Paonta Sahib subdivision in Sirmaur district, near Uttarakhand`s Hardwar.
Official sources said the land, allegedly grabbed by the ashram, was evacuee land and belonged to the central government.
Acting on the direction of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, the state government Sep 19 began probe into the alleged grabbing of land by the ashram.
The ashram has a printing press, a manufacturing unit of medicines and a huge hall.
Earlier, the state government took back possession of prime land in Solan district allotted to yoga guru Baba Ramdev for setting up his Patanjali Yogpeeth`s branch as it found the then Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in 2010 violated statutory provisions in allotting it to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues