Himachal to get five new chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will Monday expand his team with the induction of five chief Parliamentary Secretaries and one Parliamentary Secretary, officials said here.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal and Rakesh Kalia are likely to be inducted as chief parliamentary secretaries, a government official said Sunday.
The chief minister would administer the oath of office and secrecy to them at a function in Shimla, the official said.
He said Inder Dutt Lakhanpal is likely to be the lone parliamentary secretary.
The number of chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state would now go up to eight, apart from the one Parliamentary Secretary.
Virbhadra Singh heads a team of 10 cabinet ministers. His Congress party came to power in the state in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators