Himachal to get five new chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will Monday expand his team with the induction of five chief Parliamentary Secretaries and one Parliamentary Secretary, officials said here.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal and Rakesh Kalia are likely to be inducted as chief parliamentary secretaries, a government official said Sunday.
The chief minister would administer the oath of office and secrecy to them at a function in Shimla, the official said.
He said Inder Dutt Lakhanpal is likely to be the lone parliamentary secretary.
The number of chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state would now go up to eight, apart from the one Parliamentary Secretary.
Virbhadra Singh heads a team of 10 cabinet ministers. His Congress party came to power in the state in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city