Himachal to get five new chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will Monday expand his team with the induction of five chief Parliamentary Secretaries and one Parliamentary Secretary, officials said here.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal and Rakesh Kalia are likely to be inducted as chief parliamentary secretaries, a government official said Sunday.
The chief minister would administer the oath of office and secrecy to them at a function in Shimla, the official said.
He said Inder Dutt Lakhanpal is likely to be the lone parliamentary secretary.
The number of chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state would now go up to eight, apart from the one Parliamentary Secretary.
Virbhadra Singh heads a team of 10 cabinet ministers. His Congress party came to power in the state in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far