Himachal to hold walk-in interviews for recruiting
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government will hold walk-in interviews to recruit around 100 doctors for various medical institutes of the state, which are currently struggling with staff crunch.
Announcing this in the state Assembly during the Question Hour today, Health Minister Kaul Singh said 100 more medicos will be recruited by the government next year.
"Presently, 198 doctors (in the state) are completing post-graduation and we intend to recruit 100 of them, with an equal number to be recruited next year," Singh said.
Singh said the state is also facing a shortfall of 844 male and 171 female health workers at various institutions.
The minister accused the previous BJP government of failing to fill the vacant positions in the health department, and said the crisis of medical staff was acute in the rural areas, where the professionals are unwilling to work.
To deal with the problem, the government has hiked the salary of graduate doctors to range between Rs 26,200 to Rs 40,000, while post-graduate practitioners would now draw between Rs 50,000 to Rs 65,000, he said.
Out of the 453 doctors recruited by the previous regime in five years through the Rogi Kalyan Samiti, 169 of them resigned within a brief period, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!