Himachal to hold walk-in interviews for recruiting
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government will hold walk-in interviews to recruit around 100 doctors for various medical institutes of the state, which are currently struggling with staff crunch.
Announcing this in the state Assembly during the Question Hour today, Health Minister Kaul Singh said 100 more medicos will be recruited by the government next year.
"Presently, 198 doctors (in the state) are completing post-graduation and we intend to recruit 100 of them, with an equal number to be recruited next year," Singh said.
Singh said the state is also facing a shortfall of 844 male and 171 female health workers at various institutions.
The minister accused the previous BJP government of failing to fill the vacant positions in the health department, and said the crisis of medical staff was acute in the rural areas, where the professionals are unwilling to work.
To deal with the problem, the government has hiked the salary of graduate doctors to range between Rs 26,200 to Rs 40,000, while post-graduate practitioners would now draw between Rs 50,000 to Rs 65,000, he said.
Out of the 453 doctors recruited by the previous regime in five years through the Rogi Kalyan Samiti, 169 of them resigned within a brief period, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?