`Himachal top performer in implementing 20-point programme`
Dharamsala: Claiming that Himachal Pradesh has been the top performer in implementing Prime Minister`s 20-Point Programme, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal today said the per capita income of the state has also gone up significantly in the past three years.
"Himachal Pradesh has been ranked number one in the implementation of 20-Point Programme for third consecutive time in the country," Dhumal said today.
Addressing a public gathering in Kangra, Dhumal said the state also ranks second in the country in terms of per capita income.
"The per capita income has increased from Rs 43,900 to Rs 53,600, thereby registering an increase of about Rs 30,000 in three years time, enhancing purchasing power of people irrespective of their social and economic standing," he said.
Claiming that the achievements are outcome of the "progressive" policies of the state government, Dhumal credited people for making possible the effective implementation of welfare schemes.
The chief minister alleged that his government was not provided with adequate funds from Centre for relief works after heavy rains caused damage to infrastructure and crops during the monsoon season.
"Immense damage was caused to infrastructure and crops, but the Central government had not been fulfilling its responsibility of compensating the state for such damages," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi