`Himachal top performer in implementing 20-point programme`
Dharamsala: Claiming that Himachal Pradesh has been the top performer in implementing Prime Minister`s 20-Point Programme, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal today said the per capita income of the state has also gone up significantly in the past three years.
"Himachal Pradesh has been ranked number one in the implementation of 20-Point Programme for third consecutive time in the country," Dhumal said today.
Addressing a public gathering in Kangra, Dhumal said the state also ranks second in the country in terms of per capita income.
"The per capita income has increased from Rs 43,900 to Rs 53,600, thereby registering an increase of about Rs 30,000 in three years time, enhancing purchasing power of people irrespective of their social and economic standing," he said.
Claiming that the achievements are outcome of the "progressive" policies of the state government, Dhumal credited people for making possible the effective implementation of welfare schemes.
The chief minister alleged that his government was not provided with adequate funds from Centre for relief works after heavy rains caused damage to infrastructure and crops during the monsoon season.
"Immense damage was caused to infrastructure and crops, but the Central government had not been fulfilling its responsibility of compensating the state for such damages," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?