`Himachalis are rich but the state is under debt`
Shimla: The bank deposits of Himachalis stood at about Rs 50,000 crore but the state is under huge debt, according to a state Finance Ministry official.
The percentage of people keen on increasing their savings was 75 per cent in the state while it was 33 per cent in the country, the official said.
The increase in income of farmers from Horticulture, off season vegetables, milk, animal Husbandry and poly houses and fat salaries of the employees contributed mainly to savings.
There are more than 2.5 lakh state government employees and taking into account the central and public sector employees, the number crosses 3.5 lakh mark.
The state government employees are the highest paid and saving money is habit with them.
The off-season vegetable production and the income from this sector has surpassed income from Horticulture and has become mainstay of farmers who earn much more than teyspent, the official said.
Himachal Pradesh is estimated to have total debt of over Rs 25,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical