`Himachalis are rich but the state is under debt`
Shimla: The bank deposits of Himachalis stood at about Rs 50,000 crore but the state is under huge debt, according to a state Finance Ministry official.
The percentage of people keen on increasing their savings was 75 per cent in the state while it was 33 per cent in the country, the official said.
The increase in income of farmers from Horticulture, off season vegetables, milk, animal Husbandry and poly houses and fat salaries of the employees contributed mainly to savings.
There are more than 2.5 lakh state government employees and taking into account the central and public sector employees, the number crosses 3.5 lakh mark.
The state government employees are the highest paid and saving money is habit with them.
The off-season vegetable production and the income from this sector has surpassed income from Horticulture and has become mainstay of farmers who earn much more than teyspent, the official said.
Himachal Pradesh is estimated to have total debt of over Rs 25,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray