`Himachalis are rich but the state is under debt`
Shimla: The bank deposits of Himachalis stood at about Rs 50,000 crore but the state is under huge debt, according to a state Finance Ministry official.
The percentage of people keen on increasing their savings was 75 per cent in the state while it was 33 per cent in the country, the official said.
The increase in income of farmers from Horticulture, off season vegetables, milk, animal Husbandry and poly houses and fat salaries of the employees contributed mainly to savings.
There are more than 2.5 lakh state government employees and taking into account the central and public sector employees, the number crosses 3.5 lakh mark.
The state government employees are the highest paid and saving money is habit with them.
The off-season vegetable production and the income from this sector has surpassed income from Horticulture and has become mainstay of farmers who earn much more than teyspent, the official said.
Himachal Pradesh is estimated to have total debt of over Rs 25,000 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed