Himachal`s Keylong shivers at minus 12.6 degrees
Shimla: The cold wave on Friday continued in Himachal Pradesh with Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, being the coldest at a minimum of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, an official said.
The Met office here said the chill would continue over the next week.
"There would be no relief from extreme cold as the higher reaches in the state are in for more snow Jan 31," a Met official told a news agency.
The minimum temperatures in Shimla and Manali were 1.8 degrees and minus 2 degrees, respectively. Shimla`s day temperature was 11.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa, some 250 km from here which experienced one centimetre of snow, saw a minimum temperature of minus 5.5 degrees Celsius, while it was 4.7 degrees in Dharamsala.
The Met office said a fresh western disturbance is likely to affect the western Himalayan region from Jan 30 and the higher reaches of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing