Himachal`s Keylong shivers at minus 12.6 degrees
Shimla: The cold wave on Friday continued in Himachal Pradesh with Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, being the coldest at a minimum of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, an official said.
The Met office here said the chill would continue over the next week.
"There would be no relief from extreme cold as the higher reaches in the state are in for more snow Jan 31," a Met official told a news agency.
The minimum temperatures in Shimla and Manali were 1.8 degrees and minus 2 degrees, respectively. Shimla`s day temperature was 11.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa, some 250 km from here which experienced one centimetre of snow, saw a minimum temperature of minus 5.5 degrees Celsius, while it was 4.7 degrees in Dharamsala.
The Met office said a fresh western disturbance is likely to affect the western Himalayan region from Jan 30 and the higher reaches of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song