Himachal`s Keylong shivers at minus 12.6 degrees
Shimla: The cold wave on Friday continued in Himachal Pradesh with Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, being the coldest at a minimum of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, an official said.
The Met office here said the chill would continue over the next week.
"There would be no relief from extreme cold as the higher reaches in the state are in for more snow Jan 31," a Met official told a news agency.
The minimum temperatures in Shimla and Manali were 1.8 degrees and minus 2 degrees, respectively. Shimla`s day temperature was 11.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa, some 250 km from here which experienced one centimetre of snow, saw a minimum temperature of minus 5.5 degrees Celsius, while it was 4.7 degrees in Dharamsala.
The Met office said a fresh western disturbance is likely to affect the western Himalayan region from Jan 30 and the higher reaches of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday