Himachal`s Saach Pass closed for traffic
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Saach Pass, the gateway to the adventure tourism destination of picturesque Pangi Valley in Chamba district, has been closed for motorists due to heavy snow, an official said here Wednesday.
It`s likely to be reopened in June next year when the snow thaws. The pass, located at an altitude of 14,500 ft, has been officially closed both for the pedestrians and the motorists, the official told a news agency.
Residents of the Pangi Valley would have to travel via Jammu and Kashmir, covering a distance of more than 500 km to reach Chamba town.
The pass is the shortest road link between Chamba and the valley.
The idyllic Pangi Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed