Himachal`s Saach Pass closed for traffic
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Saach Pass, the gateway to the adventure tourism destination of picturesque Pangi Valley in Chamba district, has been closed for motorists due to heavy snow, an official said here Wednesday.
It`s likely to be reopened in June next year when the snow thaws. The pass, located at an altitude of 14,500 ft, has been officially closed both for the pedestrians and the motorists, the official told a news agency.
Residents of the Pangi Valley would have to travel via Jammu and Kashmir, covering a distance of more than 500 km to reach Chamba town.
The pass is the shortest road link between Chamba and the valley.
The idyllic Pangi Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video