Himachal`s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Saach Pass, the gateway to the picturesque Pangi Valley, has reopened for motorists after being closed for seven months due to snow, an official said Tuesday.
The pass, located at an altitude of 14,500 feet in Chamba district, had been closed since November owing to heavy snowfall.
In the next few days the heavy vehicles will also be allowed to ply on the pass, an official told IANS.
The Saach Pass, is the shortest road link between Chamba town, some 450 km from the state capital, and the Pangi Valley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources