Himachal`s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Saach Pass, the gateway to the picturesque Pangi Valley, has reopened for motorists after being closed for seven months due to snow, an official said Tuesday.
The pass, located at an altitude of 14,500 feet in Chamba district, had been closed since November owing to heavy snowfall.
In the next few days the heavy vehicles will also be allowed to ply on the pass, an official told IANS.
The Saach Pass, is the shortest road link between Chamba town, some 450 km from the state capital, and the Pangi Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids