HLP cautions Cong against allowing sale of land to outsiders
Shimla: Any move allowing outsiders to own land in Himachal Pradesh was akin to putting the state "on sale" and the Himachal Lokhit Party, although an ally of the ruling Congress, would never support such a plan, party chief Maheshwar Singh said on Wednesday.
Addressing a press conference here, Singh said that his party`s stand was clear on the issue which involved the interests of the people of the state.
"In a written reply to a question in Vidhan Sabha, the state government said it had granted permissions to some builders, but I could not get much details as the question did not come up for discussion," he said, adding that HLP would oppose anybody who facilitated sale of land to outsiders.
Singh rejected statements about HLP being pro-Congress, saying that, "our support to or opposition of the government is issue based and no such issue has come up so far that should prompt the party to oppose the government".
He said HLP was preparing to contest all four Lok Sabha seats in the state in the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway