HLP cautions Cong against allowing sale of land to outsiders
Shimla: Any move allowing outsiders to own land in Himachal Pradesh was akin to putting the state "on sale" and the Himachal Lokhit Party, although an ally of the ruling Congress, would never support such a plan, party chief Maheshwar Singh said on Wednesday.
Addressing a press conference here, Singh said that his party`s stand was clear on the issue which involved the interests of the people of the state.
"In a written reply to a question in Vidhan Sabha, the state government said it had granted permissions to some builders, but I could not get much details as the question did not come up for discussion," he said, adding that HLP would oppose anybody who facilitated sale of land to outsiders.
Singh rejected statements about HLP being pro-Congress, saying that, "our support to or opposition of the government is issue based and no such issue has come up so far that should prompt the party to oppose the government".
He said HLP was preparing to contest all four Lok Sabha seats in the state in the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi