Honour judicial verdict: BJP to Virbhadra Singh
Shimla: BJP legal cell in-charge Satyapal Jain on Wednesday asked Virbhadra Singh, who resigned as union minister in the wake of a Himachal Pradesh court framing corruption charges against him, to "honour the court order".
"Singh`s remarks that he would fight the battle in the court and also in the court of the people amounted to showing disrespect to judiciary...He should honour the court order," Jain told a press conference here.
Singh has to pass through legal process for absolving himself of the graft charges, he said.
A five-time chief minister of Himachal Pradesh, 78-year-old Singh resigned yesterday as union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises "on moral grounds".
His decision came a day after the Himachal court framed charges of corruption and criminal misconduct against him and his wife Pratibha Singh in a 23-year-old case, saying there was sufficient evidence to proceed against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?