HP against withdrawal of central forces from Kashmir
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Wednesday asked the Centre not to withdraw central security security forces from Chmaba-Jammu and Kashmir border.
"There is a move to withdraw the forces deployed on the border of Chamba district of Himachal adjoining Jammu and Kashmir and I am writing to the Home Minister that the forces should not be withdrawn from the state until peace is restored permanently.
"Ours is a peaceful state but there is disturbance on the other side and we hope there will be peace in J and K also in the coming days", he told mediapersons here.
Referring to revival of State Administrative Tribunal abolished by the previous BJP government, Singh said both the options of reviving the tribunal or to continue with the present system are available and any decision in this regard would be taken after consulting the employees.
Asserting that the Congress government was committed to formulating a policy for Primary Assistant Teachers (PAT) and PTA (Parent Teacher Association) teachers, Singh said it was strange that "BJP is now claiming that it had already formed a policy for PAT".
Singh accused the previous BJP government of playing petty politics on the issue of "campus for Central University at Dharmsala" and said the union government has sanctioned the central university for Dharamsala and an IIT for Mandi in 2007 when he was in power.
However, after coming to power, the BJP government divided the campus of Central University into two places--one near Dharamsala and another at Dehra, separated by a distance of over 45 kilometres.
The campus was taken to Dehra because it was a part of
Hamirpur Lok Sabha constituency represented by former chief minister`s son Anurag Thakur, which reflected the "petty mindset of BJP leaders", Singh said alleging the party always played divisive policies, based on constituency, region, caste and creed.
Virbhadra Singh said Congress government cannot demolish the construction already done at the two campuses of the Central University, "But we will definitely see that more construction is done on one campus depending on availability of land".
He said the government would take action against the officers who did not work as public servants but behaved as if they are "personal servants of the former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal".
"Such officers, who were instrumental in fabricating cases against political opponents of Dhumal in the previous regime, have already been identified", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday