HP Assembly adopts Motion of Thanks
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Assembly on Thursday adopted the Motion of Thanks on the Governor’s address sans
opposition Congress which continued its protest for the fourth
Congress members trooped into the Well of the House with
their mouth covered with black band to press the demand for a
vigilance inquiry into corruption charges against Health
Minister Rajiv Bindal and left the House after the Question
Hour was over.
Peace was restored today and the Question Hour was
conducted smoothly as Congress changed strategy and did not
disrupt the House.
Replying to the debate on the Motion of Thanks with
opposition benches empty, Chief Minister PK Dhumal put up a
spirited defence of Bindal, giving a clean chit to him on all
the charges levelled by Congress.
Dubbing Congress` protests as "uncalled for and
unnecessary", Dhumal said the opposition had no issue in hand
to pin down the government and resorted to protests on
"flimsy" grounds wasting the precious time of the House".
Taking on the Congress on the issue of alleged Benami and
shady land deals, Dhumal said the previous Congress government
had given permissions under section 118 of Tenancy and Land
Reforms Act, 1972, to 289 persons involving 1445 hectares of
land from March 2003 to December 2007.
In many cases, rules were violated and a number of
people, including the below poverty line (BPL) families, were
rendered landless, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'