HP Assembly Winter Session likely to be stormy
Shimla: The six day long Winter Session of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly, commencing on December 16 at the Dharamsala Tapovan complex, is likely to be stormy.
The Congress and BJP legislature parties would meet at Dharamsala tomorrow to finalise the floor strategy.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh would preside over the meeting of Congress Legislature party while the leader of the Opposition PK Dhumal would chair the meeting of BJP Legislature party.
The BJP has 26 members in the house while the Congress has 36 members and support of five independents.
The session would have six consecutive sittings including an additional one on Saturday and a day would be devoted to private members` bill.
The Opposition BJP is likely to rake up the issue of alleged political victimization, registration of cases against HPCA, transfers of employees and removal of Chairperson of state Commission for women.
The ruling Congress party is also gearing up to take on BJP on the issue of corruption and the inquiries initiated by the state government into dubious land deal during Dhumal regime.
The BJP is upbeat as the session is taking place on the heel of complete rout of Congress party in the recent assembly elections in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
The session is coinciding with completion of one year of the Virbhadra Singh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users