HP BJP flays Congress for nominating MLAs in private varsities
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh BJP on Saturday alleged that the state government was politicising the education as it nominated MLAs instead of academicians in the governing bodies of private universities in the state.
BJP spokesman Ganesh dutt said appointing Congress leaders instead of academicians in the Himachal Pradesh Private University regulatory Commission would be a sinister move which would defeat the very purpose of setting up the Commission.
He said the Commission would become another political arm of the ruling party.
Congress while in Opposition had vehemently criticised the BJP government on the issue of private universities but now it is aggressively promoting private universities, Dutt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam