HP BJP flays Congress for nominating MLAs in private varsities
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh BJP on Saturday alleged that the state government was politicising the education as it nominated MLAs instead of academicians in the governing bodies of private universities in the state.
BJP spokesman Ganesh dutt said appointing Congress leaders instead of academicians in the Himachal Pradesh Private University regulatory Commission would be a sinister move which would defeat the very purpose of setting up the Commission.
He said the Commission would become another political arm of the ruling party.
Congress while in Opposition had vehemently criticised the BJP government on the issue of private universities but now it is aggressively promoting private universities, Dutt said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata