HP BJP flays Congress for nominating MLAs in private varsities
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh BJP on Saturday alleged that the state government was politicising the education as it nominated MLAs instead of academicians in the governing bodies of private universities in the state.
BJP spokesman Ganesh dutt said appointing Congress leaders instead of academicians in the Himachal Pradesh Private University regulatory Commission would be a sinister move which would defeat the very purpose of setting up the Commission.
He said the Commission would become another political arm of the ruling party.
Congress while in Opposition had vehemently criticised the BJP government on the issue of private universities but now it is aggressively promoting private universities, Dutt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!