HP cabinet expansion deferred, Governor indisposed
Shimla: The expansion of the two-month old Himachal Pradesh Cabinet slated for Saturday has been deferred as the Governor is indisposed, official sources said.
The swearing-in-ceremony of one minister scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has been deferred as the Governor Urmilla Singh, who is away to Delhi is indisposed, they said.
The next date for induction of the cabinet minister would be announced later, they said.
Anil Sharma, former minister of state and son of former Union Communication Minister Sukh Ram was to be sworn in as cabinet minister tomorrow but now he would have to wait for some time.
After the induction of Sharma, the strength of the Cabinet, including the Chief Minister, will go up to 11 while the ceiling on number of minister is 12.
Sharma, a three-time MLA and a former Rajya Sabha MP, was elected from Mandi for the first time in 1993 and served as minister of state in Virbhadra Singh Government from 1993 to 1998.
He resigned as a minister in the wake of arrest of his father in telecom scam and also quit the Congress to join Himachal Vikas Congress (HVC), floated by his father.
Sharma was elected to Rajya Sabha in 1998 as BJP-HVC combine nominee and rejoined Congress in 2004 after HVC merged with Congress. He was re-elected to state Assembly in 2007 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29