HP cabinet expansion likely before budget session
Shimla: The expansion of the Himachal
Pradesh cabinet is likely before the budget session of state
assembly to fill the berth vacated by resignation of JP
Nadda who resigned in April last year following his
appointment as national general secretary of BJP.
Nadda was the only Brahmin minister in the 12-member
cabinet and there was no representative of the caste in the
cabinet after his resignation.
Chief Minister PK Dhumal had last evening met BJP
National Vice President Shanta Kumar at his residence at
Palampur amid speculation that the two leaders discussed
Dhumal told mediapersons at Dharamsala on Friday that cabinet
expansion would take place soon to fill the vacancy but he did
not elaborate whether it would be only addition of one
minister or a major reshuffle.
The maximum number of cabinet minister, including the
chief minister, was twelve and in the present team, six out of
eleven ministers including the chief minister, are from Rajput
community, three from OBC, one each from business community
The number of Brahmin MLAs in the 42-member legislature
party was seven and the choice was limited to Suresh
bharadwaj, Khushi Ram Balnatah, Randhir Sharma and state BJP
president Khimi Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe