HP Cabinet revises vacation schedule of institutions
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh today decided to
bring about uniformity in the vacations and academic sessions
in all government educational institutions in the state.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting
presided by Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, chief secretary
Rajwant Sandhu told mediapersons.
All educational institutions would have 52 days vacation
during the full academic session but institutions closing
in winter would have one-month winter vacation and 15 days
monsoon break while institutions closing in summer would get
22 days monsoon break and 24 days winter vacations, she added.
There will be six-day festival break ahead of Diwali in
all institutions and winter break would start from January 1
every year, she said.
The cabinet approved the recommendation not to retire
teacher during the session and decided that all retirement
would be done once a year at the end of academic year so that
study of the students did not suffer.
The monsoon break in summer-closing institutions would be
from July 20 to August 10 while the winter-closing
institutions would avail monsoon break from July 27 to August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming