HP Cabinet revises vacation schedule of institutions
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh today decided to
bring about uniformity in the vacations and academic sessions
in all government educational institutions in the state.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting
presided by Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, chief secretary
Rajwant Sandhu told mediapersons.
All educational institutions would have 52 days vacation
during the full academic session but institutions closing
in winter would have one-month winter vacation and 15 days
monsoon break while institutions closing in summer would get
22 days monsoon break and 24 days winter vacations, she added.
There will be six-day festival break ahead of Diwali in
all institutions and winter break would start from January 1
every year, she said.
The cabinet approved the recommendation not to retire
teacher during the session and decided that all retirement
would be done once a year at the end of academic year so that
study of the students did not suffer.
The monsoon break in summer-closing institutions would be
from July 20 to August 10 while the winter-closing
institutions would avail monsoon break from July 27 to August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal