HP CM stresses on strengthening co-operative socie
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Tuesday said to strengthen the co-operative societies his government has provided 33 per cent reservation to women in their management committees.
"As compared to 843 co-operative societies with membership of 25,000 during first five-year-plan, the state now has now 4,653 societies who had share capital of Rs 227.82 crore," Dhumal said.
He was addressing a state-level function organised to mark the 59th `National Co-operative Week` at Bhareri area of Hamirpur district, according to an official release.
To bring socio-economic reforms and benefit farmers, horticulturists and other weaker sections, the societies had released short and mid term loans to the tune of Rs 5,100.28 crore and long term loans for agriculture and non-agricultural activities amounting to Rs 68.69 crore, the chief minister said.
Self Help Groups (SHG) had been constituted through co-operative banks and out of 61,664 SHGs, 75 per cent were that of women, Dhumal said adding that the second phase of Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP) had also been launched in the districts of Hamirpur, Bilaspur and Sirmaur at a cost of Rs 35.47 crore.
In principle approval has been given by the National Co-operative Development Corporation, New Delhi, to also launch the second phase in Kangra, Kullu and Shimla districts.
The co-operative societies has also been contributing significantly towards strengthening the public distribution system (PDS) in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price