HP CM stresses on strengthening co-operative socie
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Tuesday said to strengthen the co-operative societies his government has provided 33 per cent reservation to women in their management committees.
"As compared to 843 co-operative societies with membership of 25,000 during first five-year-plan, the state now has now 4,653 societies who had share capital of Rs 227.82 crore," Dhumal said.
He was addressing a state-level function organised to mark the 59th `National Co-operative Week` at Bhareri area of Hamirpur district, according to an official release.
To bring socio-economic reforms and benefit farmers, horticulturists and other weaker sections, the societies had released short and mid term loans to the tune of Rs 5,100.28 crore and long term loans for agriculture and non-agricultural activities amounting to Rs 68.69 crore, the chief minister said.
Self Help Groups (SHG) had been constituted through co-operative banks and out of 61,664 SHGs, 75 per cent were that of women, Dhumal said adding that the second phase of Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP) had also been launched in the districts of Hamirpur, Bilaspur and Sirmaur at a cost of Rs 35.47 crore.
In principle approval has been given by the National Co-operative Development Corporation, New Delhi, to also launch the second phase in Kangra, Kullu and Shimla districts.
The co-operative societies has also been contributing significantly towards strengthening the public distribution system (PDS) in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016