HP CM stresses on strengthening co-operative socie
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Tuesday said to strengthen the co-operative societies his government has provided 33 per cent reservation to women in their management committees.
"As compared to 843 co-operative societies with membership of 25,000 during first five-year-plan, the state now has now 4,653 societies who had share capital of Rs 227.82 crore," Dhumal said.
He was addressing a state-level function organised to mark the 59th `National Co-operative Week` at Bhareri area of Hamirpur district, according to an official release.
To bring socio-economic reforms and benefit farmers, horticulturists and other weaker sections, the societies had released short and mid term loans to the tune of Rs 5,100.28 crore and long term loans for agriculture and non-agricultural activities amounting to Rs 68.69 crore, the chief minister said.
Self Help Groups (SHG) had been constituted through co-operative banks and out of 61,664 SHGs, 75 per cent were that of women, Dhumal said adding that the second phase of Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP) had also been launched in the districts of Hamirpur, Bilaspur and Sirmaur at a cost of Rs 35.47 crore.
In principle approval has been given by the National Co-operative Development Corporation, New Delhi, to also launch the second phase in Kangra, Kullu and Shimla districts.
The co-operative societies has also been contributing significantly towards strengthening the public distribution system (PDS) in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?