HP Cong plans to put BJP govt on mat over CD issue
Shimla: Opposition Congress in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday charged ruling BJP with dragging its feet on the
probe into the CD controversy and said it will take up the
issue during the upcoming budget session.
The issue relates to release of anonymous CDs - two audio
and one video last month. One audio CD purportedly carried the
conversation between Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and the
vigilance chief over tapping phones of Union Steel Minister
Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh.
As part of the probe, ordered by Dhumal, the CID has sent
the CDs to Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Chandigarh,
"The BJP government is dragging its feet on the issue,"
State Congress president Kaul Singh Thakur told reporters
He claimed the CDs have been sent to CFSL Chandigarh to
know about the edited part in it instead of finding out
details of the voice.
"The government is more interested in knowing the source
of the CD than substance contained in it," he said and alleged
the exercise was aimed at "hushing up" the matter.
Describing the CID probe into CD issue as an "eyewash",
Thakur demanded a CBI probe into the episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here