HP Congress govt`s performance lacklustre: BJP
Shimla: Alleging the performance of the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh was lacklustre, the BJP on Sunday said it would an launch an agitation soon to expose its "failures" on several fronts.
A 2-day meeting of the party`s state executive adopted a resolution alleging developmental works had come to a halt in the state after the formation of the Congress government.
It accused the Congress of making false promises during the assembly election and betraying trust of the people after assuming power.
The newly-constituted BJP state executive, at its 2-day meeting in picturesque Kullu, decided to launch an agitation to expose "failures" of the state government, party general secretary Randir Sharma told reporters here.
The performance of the state government during its over 100-day rule was lacklustre, the resolution alleged.
The youth, who were promised unemployment allowance of Rs 1000 per month, were feeling cheated, it said.
The Congress had promised unemployment allowance but instead came out with a scheme to give skill development allowance to eligible youth in the age group of 25 to 35 years leaving lakhs in the lurch, the resolution said.
Instead of fulfilling its poll promises, the state government was setting unhealthy precedents like rechristening schemes started by the previous BJP government and named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL