HP: Employers told to hire migrant labourers after verification
Shimla: Concerned over increasing employment of migrant labourers in Shimla, the district administration on Thursday issued direction that no employer should engage any migrant labourer visiting the district in petty non-formal jobs unless he provides his identification details to police.
District Magistrate Dinesh Malhotra today directed that no employer, contractor or trader will engage any migrant labourer visiting Shimla district in petty non-formal job or service or contract labour unless and until the migrant labourer furnishes his particulars along with passport size photographs to the Station House Officer concerned for identification and verification of his antecedents.
The DM also ordered that any migrant labourer visiting Shimla district should not engage himself in any kind of self employment or seek employment in non-formal trades or services without informing his intention to this effect to the Station House Officer concerned.
He said any breach of this order would make such migrant labourer and his employer liable for penal action under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.
He said the order will come into force with effect from date of issue and shall be effective for a period of two months.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate also issued prohibitory orders directing people not to carry arm or any other object which can be used as weapon for maintenance of public order during the monsoon session of the state Assembly being held from August 6 to August 29.
He also banned holding of public meetings, taking out processions, rallies, demonstrations, shouting of slogans and playing of band in several areas.
The order, however, will not be applicable to the police, paramilitary, military personnel while performing their duties and also on marriage parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre