HP: Employers told to hire migrant labourers after verification
Shimla: Concerned over increasing employment of migrant labourers in Shimla, the district administration on Thursday issued direction that no employer should engage any migrant labourer visiting the district in petty non-formal jobs unless he provides his identification details to police.
District Magistrate Dinesh Malhotra today directed that no employer, contractor or trader will engage any migrant labourer visiting Shimla district in petty non-formal job or service or contract labour unless and until the migrant labourer furnishes his particulars along with passport size photographs to the Station House Officer concerned for identification and verification of his antecedents.
The DM also ordered that any migrant labourer visiting Shimla district should not engage himself in any kind of self employment or seek employment in non-formal trades or services without informing his intention to this effect to the Station House Officer concerned.
He said any breach of this order would make such migrant labourer and his employer liable for penal action under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.
He said the order will come into force with effect from date of issue and shall be effective for a period of two months.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate also issued prohibitory orders directing people not to carry arm or any other object which can be used as weapon for maintenance of public order during the monsoon session of the state Assembly being held from August 6 to August 29.
He also banned holding of public meetings, taking out processions, rallies, demonstrations, shouting of slogans and playing of band in several areas.
The order, however, will not be applicable to the police, paramilitary, military personnel while performing their duties and also on marriage parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?