HP for inclusion of Pahari language in Eighth Schedule
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh assembly on Thursday
passed a resolution recommending inclusion of state`s Pahari
language in the Eighth Schedule of the constitution.
The resolution, moved by Chief Minister P K Dhumal, was
passed by a voice vote in the absence of opposition Congress
MLAs who had staged a walkout from the House on some other
Making a strong case for inclusion of Himachal`s Pahari
language in the Eighth Schedule, Dhumal said it is spoken by a
large number of people in the state and in neighbouring areas,
and rich literature is available on it.
Literature on Pahari language is present in 10 local
dialects including Sirmouri, Kulluvi, Kangri and Mahajavi, he
The Chief Minister said the state`s Pahari language has
rich collection of 300 essay books, 77 story books and 34
Research work has also been done on it, he said adding the
state`s language and culture department has prepared a grammer
book and dictionary on the language.
Dhumal said for wider publicity of the state`s Pahari
language, it is necessary to include it in the Eighth Schedule
of the constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation