HP gets fresh snowfall, rain
Shimla: Fresh snowfall and rains in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday dropped the mercury to sub-zero level at many
The state capital Shimla recorded minimum minus 3.8
Elsewhere, Manali settled at a low of minus 7.4 deg C,
Solan recorded minus 2.0 deg C and Sundernagar 0.5 deg C.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a
minimum temperature of minus 17.8 deg C, while Kalpa in
adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur recorded a low of minus
10.8 deg C.
Waterpipes were frozen at numerous places in Manali,
Shimla and Solan, affecting water supply, while thick ground
frost made the roads slippery, making driving hazardous and
hampering vehicular traffic.
Kalpa recorded 20 cm snow, while tourist resort of
Narkanda received 20-50 cm snow.
Shimla and Manali also recorded 8 cm and 6 cm snow
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire