HP gets fresh snowfall, rain
Shimla: Fresh snowfall and rains in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday dropped the mercury to sub-zero level at many
The state capital Shimla recorded minimum minus 3.8
Elsewhere, Manali settled at a low of minus 7.4 deg C,
Solan recorded minus 2.0 deg C and Sundernagar 0.5 deg C.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a
minimum temperature of minus 17.8 deg C, while Kalpa in
adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur recorded a low of minus
10.8 deg C.
Waterpipes were frozen at numerous places in Manali,
Shimla and Solan, affecting water supply, while thick ground
frost made the roads slippery, making driving hazardous and
hampering vehicular traffic.
Kalpa recorded 20 cm snow, while tourist resort of
Narkanda received 20-50 cm snow.
Shimla and Manali also recorded 8 cm and 6 cm snow
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog