HP gets fresh snowfall, rain
Shimla: Fresh snowfall and rains in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday dropped the mercury to sub-zero level at many
The state capital Shimla recorded minimum minus 3.8
Elsewhere, Manali settled at a low of minus 7.4 deg C,
Solan recorded minus 2.0 deg C and Sundernagar 0.5 deg C.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a
minimum temperature of minus 17.8 deg C, while Kalpa in
adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur recorded a low of minus
10.8 deg C.
Waterpipes were frozen at numerous places in Manali,
Shimla and Solan, affecting water supply, while thick ground
frost made the roads slippery, making driving hazardous and
hampering vehicular traffic.
Kalpa recorded 20 cm snow, while tourist resort of
Narkanda received 20-50 cm snow.
Shimla and Manali also recorded 8 cm and 6 cm snow
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures