HP gets fresh snowfall, rain
Shimla: Fresh snowfall and rains in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday dropped the mercury to sub-zero level at many
The state capital Shimla recorded minimum minus 3.8
Elsewhere, Manali settled at a low of minus 7.4 deg C,
Solan recorded minus 2.0 deg C and Sundernagar 0.5 deg C.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a
minimum temperature of minus 17.8 deg C, while Kalpa in
adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur recorded a low of minus
10.8 deg C.
Waterpipes were frozen at numerous places in Manali,
Shimla and Solan, affecting water supply, while thick ground
frost made the roads slippery, making driving hazardous and
hampering vehicular traffic.
Kalpa recorded 20 cm snow, while tourist resort of
Narkanda received 20-50 cm snow.
Shimla and Manali also recorded 8 cm and 6 cm snow
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?