HP gets fresh snowfall, rain
Shimla: Fresh snowfall and rains in Himachal
Pradesh on Thursday dropped the mercury to sub-zero level at many
The state capital Shimla recorded minimum minus 3.8
Elsewhere, Manali settled at a low of minus 7.4 deg C,
Solan recorded minus 2.0 deg C and Sundernagar 0.5 deg C.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a
minimum temperature of minus 17.8 deg C, while Kalpa in
adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur recorded a low of minus
10.8 deg C.
Waterpipes were frozen at numerous places in Manali,
Shimla and Solan, affecting water supply, while thick ground
frost made the roads slippery, making driving hazardous and
hampering vehicular traffic.
Kalpa recorded 20 cm snow, while tourist resort of
Narkanda received 20-50 cm snow.
Shimla and Manali also recorded 8 cm and 6 cm snow
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America