HP govt appoints acting Chief Secretary
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday appointed P Mitra, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Himachal cadre as acting Chief Secretary in place of S Roy, who suffered brain haemorrhage on October 9.
Roy was admitted to PGI, Chandigarh.
The condition of Roy continued to be critical and appointment of acting CS has been made as he may not be able to resume duty in the near future.
Roy also a 1978 batch officer was due to retire in February 2015 while Mitra would retire in May 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss