HP govt okays legislation to regulate private varsities
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet today
approved a legislation for setting up a Commission to regulate
functioning of higher educational institutions in the private
The Private Educational Institutions (Regulatory
Commission) Bill, 2010 is likely to be introduced during the
monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly beginning August
The legislation is also aimed at ensuring quality
education to students.
It provides for setting up a three-member Commission
headed by a person not below the rank of Principal Secretary.
Two other members will be eminent academicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez