HP govt okays legislation to regulate private varsities
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet today
approved a legislation for setting up a Commission to regulate
functioning of higher educational institutions in the private
The Private Educational Institutions (Regulatory
Commission) Bill, 2010 is likely to be introduced during the
monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly beginning August
The legislation is also aimed at ensuring quality
education to students.
It provides for setting up a three-member Commission
headed by a person not below the rank of Principal Secretary.
Two other members will be eminent academicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray