HP govt okays legislation to regulate private varsities
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet today
approved a legislation for setting up a Commission to regulate
functioning of higher educational institutions in the private
The Private Educational Institutions (Regulatory
Commission) Bill, 2010 is likely to be introduced during the
monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly beginning August
The legislation is also aimed at ensuring quality
education to students.
It provides for setting up a three-member Commission
headed by a person not below the rank of Principal Secretary.
Two other members will be eminent academicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH