HP High Court asks 137 judicial officers not to use beacons
Mandi: Following the Supreme Court order, the Himachal Pradesh High Court has asked 137 judicial officers, serving in various capacities in the state, not to use red or blue beacon atop their vehicles.
In compliance with the Supreme Court order, the Transport department of Himachal Pradesh had issued a notification on March 5 about the use of red light/blue light/multi-coloured flashing lights on the top of vehicles.
On March 6, an office order was?issued by Registrar General of the High Court. It mentioned the Supreme Court order and notification issued by Transport department of the state.
In this notification it has been specified as to who can use the lights of different kinds on the top of their vehicles.
The 137 judicial officers of the state, up to the rank of District and Sessions judges, have been deprived from using any kind of lights on their vehicles.
Prior to it, the District and Sessions judges have been using red lights while all other officials-- Additional District and Sessions Judges, Chief Judicial Magistrate and Judicial magistrate-- were allowed blue lights on their vehicle since year 2012.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- CGBSE 10th HS Results 2016: Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh CG Board (Class 10 X) High School Exam Results 2016 tomorrow on April 28
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters