HP hikes cash incentive for BPL girl children
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet today decided to enhance cash incentive for girl child for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families from Rs 5100 to Rs 10,000 under the "Beti Hai Anmol" scheme.
The incentive would be available to two girls in a BPL family in rural and urban areas.
Such girls would be entitled to a scholarship ranging from Rs 300 to Rs 1,500 for pursuing studies from class I to class X.
The Cabinet also decided to enhance honorarium of 3,539 primary assistant teachers from Rs 2,500 to Rs 6,000-6,500 for trained teachers and from Rs 2,000 to Rs 4,500-5,000 for untrained teachers, an official spokesman said.
It approved hike in honorarium of 3,243 panchayat chowkidars from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,200 per month and 2,058 tailoring and embroidery teachers from Rs 1,400 to Rs 1,600 per month and decided to give preference to them in recruitment as panchayat sahayak and aanganwari workers.
The honorarium of 9,824 part time water carriers would also go up from, Rs 1,200 to Rs 1,300 per month retrospectively from April 1, 2012.
The Cabinet also approved increase in social security pension of 2,77,817 eligible beneficiaries from Rs 330 to Rs 400 per month and the pension of people above age of 80 years from Rs 500 to Rs 600 from April 1, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details