HP initiates action against illegal land deals
Shimla: The BJP government in Himachal Pradesh has initiated action in all cases of illegal land deals pointed out by a one-man judicial commission last month.
The government has initiated action in all cases of violation of Tenancy and Land Reforms Act, Ceiling Law and Forest Conservation laws detected by the one-man commission of High Court judge D P Sood.
The government has directed all Deputy Commissioners to initiate action in cases wherein the commission has recommended that the "property in question" be vested in government, free from all encumbrances.
Nearly 40 colonisers, indicted by the commission and the revenue and other officers involved in "illegal" land deals are feeling the heat as the Deputy Commissioners have started scrutiny of "questioned documents and other records pertaining to various land deals".
The report seems to have come as a shot in the arm for the ruling BJP as most of the land deals named by the commission took place before December 2007 when the Congress was in power in the state.
Incidentally, the commission was formed to probe allegations of `Benami Deals` made by the Congress.
Besides confiscation of property, acquired illegally or by subverting the relevant laws, the government is also contemplating registration of "criminal cases" against the erring colonisers for violation of laws.
Principal Secretary (revenue) Deepak Sanan confirmed that the action against the defaulter colonisers had been initiated on the basis of the report of the commission which probed `benami` (illegal) land transactions and violations of statutory provisions and administrative procedures in the state from 2003 to 2011.
The commission suggests vesting of the land of 42 builders in the government most of whom were given permission to construct ultra-luxury cottages between 2006 and 2007 under the Apartments Act of 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing