HP phone tapping: Committee submits report
Shimla: The committee of forensic experts set up by the Himachal Pradesh government to enquire into the alleged tapping of phones of politicians, bureaucrats and journalists by CID wing of police during the previous BJP regime has submitted its interim report.
"The committee has submitted the interim report but I have no knowledge of the contents of the report," Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said.
The final report was expected within fifteen days and any action would depend on findings of the report, he said.
Following information that some officers were tempering with the data of phone tapping device on the night of December 24, a day before Virbhadra Singh took oath as Chief Minister, the machine was sealed by the government at mid night and later sent to State Forensic Laboratory, Junga for inquiry.
The HP government had formed the 3-member team to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi