HP phone tapping: Committee submits report
Shimla: The committee of forensic experts set up by the Himachal Pradesh government to enquire into the alleged tapping of phones of politicians, bureaucrats and journalists by CID wing of police during the previous BJP regime has submitted its interim report.
"The committee has submitted the interim report but I have no knowledge of the contents of the report," Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said.
The final report was expected within fifteen days and any action would depend on findings of the report, he said.
Following information that some officers were tempering with the data of phone tapping device on the night of December 24, a day before Virbhadra Singh took oath as Chief Minister, the machine was sealed by the government at mid night and later sent to State Forensic Laboratory, Junga for inquiry.
The HP government had formed the 3-member team to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?