HP polls: BJP denies tickets to Speaker, ex-minister
Shimla: The BJP on Sunday denied tickets to Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram and ex-minister Dileram as it released names of 11 more party candidates for the November four Himachal Pradesh assembly election.
Tulsi Ram and senior BJP leader Dileram, a former minister, had romped home from Bharmaur (ST) and Nachan (SC) constituencies respectively.
Jiya Lal would be the party candidate from Bharmaur while greenhorn Vinod Kumar would contest from Nachan (SC) and Kullu constituencies, a BJP release said here.
The party renominated Tejwant Negi and Col Inder Singh from Kunnaur (ST) and Sarkaghat seats respectively and gave ticket to associate member and sitting MLA Hira Lal from Karsog (SC).
It decided to field Ram Kumar from Haroli seat, Sheela from Solan-SC, Rajinder Garg from Ghumarwin and Balak Ram Negi from Rohroo-SC, all new faces.
The BJP had released the first list of 45 candidates on September 28.
With the announcement of 11 more contestants, the party has so far declared candidates for 56 out of 68 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'