HP polls: BJP denies tickets to Speaker, ex-minister
Shimla: The BJP on Sunday denied tickets to Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram and ex-minister Dileram as it released names of 11 more party candidates for the November four Himachal Pradesh assembly election.
Tulsi Ram and senior BJP leader Dileram, a former minister, had romped home from Bharmaur (ST) and Nachan (SC) constituencies respectively.
Jiya Lal would be the party candidate from Bharmaur while greenhorn Vinod Kumar would contest from Nachan (SC) and Kullu constituencies, a BJP release said here.
The party renominated Tejwant Negi and Col Inder Singh from Kunnaur (ST) and Sarkaghat seats respectively and gave ticket to associate member and sitting MLA Hira Lal from Karsog (SC).
It decided to field Ram Kumar from Haroli seat, Sheela from Solan-SC, Rajinder Garg from Ghumarwin and Balak Ram Negi from Rohroo-SC, all new faces.
The BJP had released the first list of 45 candidates on September 28.
With the announcement of 11 more contestants, the party has so far declared candidates for 56 out of 68 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites