HP polls: BJP denies tickets to Speaker, ex-minister
Shimla: The BJP on Sunday denied tickets to Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram and ex-minister Dileram as it released names of 11 more party candidates for the November four Himachal Pradesh assembly election.
Tulsi Ram and senior BJP leader Dileram, a former minister, had romped home from Bharmaur (ST) and Nachan (SC) constituencies respectively.
Jiya Lal would be the party candidate from Bharmaur while greenhorn Vinod Kumar would contest from Nachan (SC) and Kullu constituencies, a BJP release said here.
The party renominated Tejwant Negi and Col Inder Singh from Kunnaur (ST) and Sarkaghat seats respectively and gave ticket to associate member and sitting MLA Hira Lal from Karsog (SC).
It decided to field Ram Kumar from Haroli seat, Sheela from Solan-SC, Rajinder Garg from Ghumarwin and Balak Ram Negi from Rohroo-SC, all new faces.
The BJP had released the first list of 45 candidates on September 28.
With the announcement of 11 more contestants, the party has so far declared candidates for 56 out of 68 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list