HP polls: CPI-M to contest 16 seats
Shimla: The CPI-M will contest 16 seats in the next month`s assembly election in Himachal Pradesh.
The party will support the Himachal Lokhit Party, floated by BJP dissidents, and the CPI in remaining 52 seats, a CPI-M release said here on Tuesday.
CPI-M state secretary Rakesh Singha, Deputy Mayor of the Shimla Municipal Corporation Tikender Panwar and senior party leader Kuldeep Tanwar were among those who would contest the election.
The party has decided to field Kuldeep Singh Tanwar from Kusumpti, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...