HP polls: CPI-M to contest 16 seats
Shimla: The CPI-M will contest 16 seats in the next month`s assembly election in Himachal Pradesh.
The party will support the Himachal Lokhit Party, floated by BJP dissidents, and the CPI in remaining 52 seats, a CPI-M release said here on Tuesday.
CPI-M state secretary Rakesh Singha, Deputy Mayor of the Shimla Municipal Corporation Tikender Panwar and senior party leader Kuldeep Tanwar were among those who would contest the election.
The party has decided to field Kuldeep Singh Tanwar from Kusumpti, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends