HP polls: CPI-M to contest 16 seats
Shimla: The CPI-M will contest 16 seats in the next month`s assembly election in Himachal Pradesh.
The party will support the Himachal Lokhit Party, floated by BJP dissidents, and the CPI in remaining 52 seats, a CPI-M release said here on Tuesday.
CPI-M state secretary Rakesh Singha, Deputy Mayor of the Shimla Municipal Corporation Tikender Panwar and senior party leader Kuldeep Tanwar were among those who would contest the election.
The party has decided to field Kuldeep Singh Tanwar from Kusumpti, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them