HP provides safe drinking water to 90% population
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh has got the distinction of providing safe drinking water to 90 per cent of its population, much above the national average of 62 per cent.
This was found during a recent survey, jointly carried out by National Sample Survey and HP Economic department, state irrigation and public health minister Rabinder Singh Ravi said here on Saturday.
"Himachal government is making efforts to increase it further to 100 per cent by providing safe drinking water to 3,243 panchayats of the state," the minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed