HP provides safe drinking water to 90% population
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh has got the distinction of providing safe drinking water to 90 per cent of its population, much above the national average of 62 per cent.
This was found during a recent survey, jointly carried out by National Sample Survey and HP Economic department, state irrigation and public health minister Rabinder Singh Ravi said here on Saturday.
"Himachal government is making efforts to increase it further to 100 per cent by providing safe drinking water to 3,243 panchayats of the state," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley