HP provides safe drinking water to 90% population
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh has got the distinction of providing safe drinking water to 90 per cent of its population, much above the national average of 62 per cent.
This was found during a recent survey, jointly carried out by National Sample Survey and HP Economic department, state irrigation and public health minister Rabinder Singh Ravi said here on Saturday.
"Himachal government is making efforts to increase it further to 100 per cent by providing safe drinking water to 3,243 panchayats of the state," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!