HP to revert to old pattern of holding examinations
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh education department today decided to hold final examinations for students from class I to class IX in December for schools having winter closings and in March for schools having summer closings.
The erstwhile BJP government had decided in 2010 to hold examinations in all schools in the month of March.
Holding final examinations after vacations was affecting the results as students could not focus in their studies during the vacations, a government spokesman said.
As part of the comprehensive continuous evaluation, students would take one test at the start of the session, second in mid-session and another before the final examination so that they study throughout the year and quality of education is maintained, he added.
However, proposal of the state government to revive the Board examinations for class V and Class VIII did not find favour with the Union HRD Ministry as it was considered contrary to the provisions of Right to Education Act, the spokesman said.
As an alternative, government has decided that final examinations would be held by schools, but paper-setting and evaluation work would be done by other schools to ensure accountability of teachers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority