HPCC chief accuses HPCA president of running "cricket mafia"
Shimla: Himchal Pradesh Congress Committee president Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu on Sunday criticised HPCA president Anurag Thakur of running "cricket mafia" and handling the HPCA affairs in an "autonomous" manner.
"Anurag Thakur has hijacked the cricket body and was not giving any credit to the Congress for providing the basic infrastructure to the HPCA and running a cricket mafia," Sukhu said while addressing meeting of Congress workers at Dharamsala today.
"The state government provided proper infrastructure to HPCA for building playgrounds in the state and also helped in making sports popular," but after Anurag took over as HPCA president by appointing 20 permanent members in the HPCA, Sukhwinder said that Anurag virtually hijacked the body.
HPCC president said that the congress party had always supported the promotion of sporting activities in the state but Anurag had made HPCA his home organisation and was least concerned about promotion of sports.
"While the former chief minister PK Dhumal was commercializing the politics, his son was commercialising cricket," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test