HPCC chief accuses HPCA president of running "cricket mafia"
Shimla: Himchal Pradesh Congress Committee president Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu on Sunday criticised HPCA president Anurag Thakur of running "cricket mafia" and handling the HPCA affairs in an "autonomous" manner.
"Anurag Thakur has hijacked the cricket body and was not giving any credit to the Congress for providing the basic infrastructure to the HPCA and running a cricket mafia," Sukhu said while addressing meeting of Congress workers at Dharamsala today.
"The state government provided proper infrastructure to HPCA for building playgrounds in the state and also helped in making sports popular," but after Anurag took over as HPCA president by appointing 20 permanent members in the HPCA, Sukhwinder said that Anurag virtually hijacked the body.
HPCC president said that the congress party had always supported the promotion of sporting activities in the state but Anurag had made HPCA his home organisation and was least concerned about promotion of sports.
"While the former chief minister PK Dhumal was commercializing the politics, his son was commercialising cricket," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'