HPCC chief accuses HPCA president of running "cricket mafia"
Shimla: Himchal Pradesh Congress Committee president Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu on Sunday criticised HPCA president Anurag Thakur of running "cricket mafia" and handling the HPCA affairs in an "autonomous" manner.
"Anurag Thakur has hijacked the cricket body and was not giving any credit to the Congress for providing the basic infrastructure to the HPCA and running a cricket mafia," Sukhu said while addressing meeting of Congress workers at Dharamsala today.
"The state government provided proper infrastructure to HPCA for building playgrounds in the state and also helped in making sports popular," but after Anurag took over as HPCA president by appointing 20 permanent members in the HPCA, Sukhwinder said that Anurag virtually hijacked the body.
HPCC president said that the congress party had always supported the promotion of sporting activities in the state but Anurag had made HPCA his home organisation and was least concerned about promotion of sports.
"While the former chief minister PK Dhumal was commercializing the politics, his son was commercialising cricket," he quipped.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan