HPCC chief accuses HPCA president of running "cricket mafia"
Shimla: Himchal Pradesh Congress Committee president Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu on Sunday criticised HPCA president Anurag Thakur of running "cricket mafia" and handling the HPCA affairs in an "autonomous" manner.
"Anurag Thakur has hijacked the cricket body and was not giving any credit to the Congress for providing the basic infrastructure to the HPCA and running a cricket mafia," Sukhu said while addressing meeting of Congress workers at Dharamsala today.
"The state government provided proper infrastructure to HPCA for building playgrounds in the state and also helped in making sports popular," but after Anurag took over as HPCA president by appointing 20 permanent members in the HPCA, Sukhwinder said that Anurag virtually hijacked the body.
HPCC president said that the congress party had always supported the promotion of sporting activities in the state but Anurag had made HPCA his home organisation and was least concerned about promotion of sports.
"While the former chief minister PK Dhumal was commercializing the politics, his son was commercialising cricket," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog