HRTC to launch `Golden Temple Express` Volvo bus service
Shimla: To improve connectivity between the two famous Sikh shrines, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) would launch Golden Temple Express luxury bus service on the Dehradun-Poanta Sahib-Amritsar route.
Replying to a question in the state Assembly, Transport minister G S Bali today said the route of the bus service is aimed to facilitate the religious trip of Sikh pilgrims.
Last Sikh Guru Gobind Singh set up Ponta Sahib Guru Dwara in Himachal Pradesh, which attracts thousands of devotees from across the world.
In reply to an another question of Maheshwar Singh (Himachal Lokhit Party), Bali said the apprehensions of the member that some rejected ITBP buses had been purchased in the previous tenure of BJP might be true as the state government had given a grant of Rs 37.60 crore to HRTC to purchase 204 buses including 8 light vehicles.
"A probe has been ordered to find out the process of purchase as there was doubt about the quality of 100 assembled buses which had been purchased for Rs 19 crore.
"The government would improve the substandard bus service rendered by HRTC on various routes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH