HRTC to launch `Golden Temple Express` Volvo bus service
Shimla: To improve connectivity between the two famous Sikh shrines, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) would launch Golden Temple Express luxury bus service on the Dehradun-Poanta Sahib-Amritsar route.
Replying to a question in the state Assembly, Transport minister G S Bali today said the route of the bus service is aimed to facilitate the religious trip of Sikh pilgrims.
Last Sikh Guru Gobind Singh set up Ponta Sahib Guru Dwara in Himachal Pradesh, which attracts thousands of devotees from across the world.
In reply to an another question of Maheshwar Singh (Himachal Lokhit Party), Bali said the apprehensions of the member that some rejected ITBP buses had been purchased in the previous tenure of BJP might be true as the state government had given a grant of Rs 37.60 crore to HRTC to purchase 204 buses including 8 light vehicles.
"A probe has been ordered to find out the process of purchase as there was doubt about the quality of 100 assembled buses which had been purchased for Rs 19 crore.
"The government would improve the substandard bus service rendered by HRTC on various routes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'