HRTC to launch `Golden Temple Express` Volvo bus service
Shimla: To improve connectivity between the two famous Sikh shrines, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) would launch Golden Temple Express luxury bus service on the Dehradun-Poanta Sahib-Amritsar route.
Replying to a question in the state Assembly, Transport minister G S Bali today said the route of the bus service is aimed to facilitate the religious trip of Sikh pilgrims.
Last Sikh Guru Gobind Singh set up Ponta Sahib Guru Dwara in Himachal Pradesh, which attracts thousands of devotees from across the world.
In reply to an another question of Maheshwar Singh (Himachal Lokhit Party), Bali said the apprehensions of the member that some rejected ITBP buses had been purchased in the previous tenure of BJP might be true as the state government had given a grant of Rs 37.60 crore to HRTC to purchase 204 buses including 8 light vehicles.
"A probe has been ordered to find out the process of purchase as there was doubt about the quality of 100 assembled buses which had been purchased for Rs 19 crore.
"The government would improve the substandard bus service rendered by HRTC on various routes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi