I have nothing to fear as I have done no wrong: Virbhadra
Shimla: Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday sought to play down the Centre`s submission in Delhi High Court that a money laundering case appears to be made out against him saying "he has nothing to fear as I has done no wrong".
Reacting to the development, Singh said the matter was subjudice but he expects all the investigating agencies to be "just and fair".
Without naming any individual, the Himachal CM said he was being framed in these cases "but I will fight it out."
The Centre today told the Delhi High Court that a prima facie case of money laundering appeared to be made out against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
Meanwhile, Leader of the Opposition in Himachal Vidhan Sabha, P K Dhumal refuted Singh`s charge that BJP leaders were framing him in false cases and said preliminary enquiry against him was initiated during the UPA regime.
"Income Tax files were reopened by the same government and VBS files came to notice during the same period but the investigation agencies took too long and the cases were delayed," he said.
Dhumal welcomed the opinion expressed by the Additional Solicitor General Sanjay Jain, who was appearing for the Centre, and said the probe should have been expedited to bring the cases to their logical ends.
He said the Delhi High Court has turned down the demand for giving six weeks for filing the final report and asked the investigating agency to file the report within a week.
Asked whether BJP would seek resignation of the Chief Minister, Dhumal said we have been asking for his resignation from day one and even during the budget session we raised this demand.
"Earlier, we were demanding his resignation of moral grounds but now he would be left with no option after the ASG`s opinion and the developments in the court," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday