Include pulses, cooking oil in Food Security Bill:
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government has urged upon the Centre to make provisions in the proposed Food Security Bill for including pulses and edible oils for supplying these commodities at subsidised rates in the state.
"The state government is already providing three pulses, cooking oil and iodised salt at subsidised rates through its own public distribution system despite financial constraints.
"100 per cent population of the state has been covered under PDS system through a network of 4,737 fair price shops," state Food and Supply minister G S Bali said, while speaking at the food ministers conference on Food Security Bill.
The minister urged upon the Centre to provide financial assistance for installation of CCTVs and GPS to stop diversion of food grains under the PDS.
The minister said that the proposed Food Security Bill should cover the entire population of the state, as 75 per cent of rural and 50 per cent of urban Himachal`s population is not self sufficient in food production.
He demanded that at least 7-kg of food grains be provided under the Bill as against the present provision of 5-kg per person per month and argued that 25-kg of rice and 10-kg wheat be provided instead of 15-kg rice and 20-kg of wheat, proposed in the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog