Intense cold wave conditions persist in Himachal
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions continued in most parts of Himachal Pradesh even as minimum temperature rose marginally.
The sky remained heavily overcast and strong velocity icy winds swept the mid and higher hills, keeping day temperatures below normal.
The minimum temperature rose to minus 3.5 degree Celsius at Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district after the valley received 20 cm of fresh snow and Kalpa in tribal Kinnaur district recorded a low of 1.0 degree Celsius, followed by Solan 1.8 degree, Manali 2.9 degree and Nahan, Mandi and Shimla 4.5 degree C, Met office sources said.
The temperature dipped five degree below normal at Nahan while it was up by 5.5 degree C at Bhuntar which recorded minimum temperature at 6.8 degree C.
The maximum day temperatures remained below normal with Una, which was hottest in the region recording a high of 19.8 degree Celsius while Sundernagar recorded maximum at 18.3 degree C, followed by Solan 17.5 degree, Bhuntar 16.5 degree, Nahan 15.6 degree, Shimla 13.9 degree, Dharmasala 11.2 degree and Kalpa 06.4 degree C.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and snow at isolated places during the next 48 hours while the weather would remain dry but cold in lower hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video