Intense cold wave grips Himachal
Shimla: The cold wave sweeping most parts of Himachal Pradesh intensified on Saturday as icy winds continued to sweep the state.
The sky remained partially overcast and a pale sun failed to provide any relief to the people from the cold.
The minimum and maximum temperatures remained two to five degree below normal with tourist resort Manali, Solan and state capital recording a low of 0.4 degree, 1.4 degree and 2.6 degree and Sundernagar and Bhuntar reeling under severe cold with mercury dipping to 4.7 degree, three degree below normal.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 10.9 degree, seven degree below normal while Kalpa in adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur, which received 5 cm of fresh snow, recoded minimum temperature at minus 4.6 degree, four degree below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you