Intense cold wave grips Himachal
Shimla: The cold wave sweeping most parts of Himachal Pradesh intensified on Saturday as icy winds continued to sweep the state.
The sky remained partially overcast and a pale sun failed to provide any relief to the people from the cold.
The minimum and maximum temperatures remained two to five degree below normal with tourist resort Manali, Solan and state capital recording a low of 0.4 degree, 1.4 degree and 2.6 degree and Sundernagar and Bhuntar reeling under severe cold with mercury dipping to 4.7 degree, three degree below normal.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 10.9 degree, seven degree below normal while Kalpa in adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur, which received 5 cm of fresh snow, recoded minimum temperature at minus 4.6 degree, four degree below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India