Intense cold wave grips Himachal
Shimla: The cold wave sweeping most parts of Himachal Pradesh intensified on Saturday as icy winds continued to sweep the state.
The sky remained partially overcast and a pale sun failed to provide any relief to the people from the cold.
The minimum and maximum temperatures remained two to five degree below normal with tourist resort Manali, Solan and state capital recording a low of 0.4 degree, 1.4 degree and 2.6 degree and Sundernagar and Bhuntar reeling under severe cold with mercury dipping to 4.7 degree, three degree below normal.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 10.9 degree, seven degree below normal while Kalpa in adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur, which received 5 cm of fresh snow, recoded minimum temperature at minus 4.6 degree, four degree below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report