Intense cold wave grips Himachal
Shimla: The cold wave sweeping most parts of Himachal Pradesh intensified on Saturday as icy winds continued to sweep the state.
The sky remained partially overcast and a pale sun failed to provide any relief to the people from the cold.
The minimum and maximum temperatures remained two to five degree below normal with tourist resort Manali, Solan and state capital recording a low of 0.4 degree, 1.4 degree and 2.6 degree and Sundernagar and Bhuntar reeling under severe cold with mercury dipping to 4.7 degree, three degree below normal.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 10.9 degree, seven degree below normal while Kalpa in adjoining tribal district of Kinnaur, which received 5 cm of fresh snow, recoded minimum temperature at minus 4.6 degree, four degree below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!