Israeli envoy meets Virbhadra on future tie-up
New Delhi: Israel`s Ambassador Alon Ushpiz on Monday called on Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
At the meeting, issues related to mutual cooperation were discussed, an official statement from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
It said the Chief Minister stressed upon the need for sharing technical know-how and developing business tie-ups in horticulture, agriculture and security sectors.
Singh said there were also immense opportunities for mutual cooperation in water management, waste management, irrigation, post harvest infrastructural facilities, which could benefit the state`s small farmers and fruit growers.
Ushpiz invited a delegation from Himachal Pradesh to study various sectors in his country. The team would explore possibilities for future tie-ups and mutual cooperation, the statement added.
Tourism as well as horticulture and hydropower generation are major contributors to Himachal Pradesh`s economic development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY