Israeli envoy meets Virbhadra on future tie-up
New Delhi: Israel`s Ambassador Alon Ushpiz on Monday called on Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
At the meeting, issues related to mutual cooperation were discussed, an official statement from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
It said the Chief Minister stressed upon the need for sharing technical know-how and developing business tie-ups in horticulture, agriculture and security sectors.
Singh said there were also immense opportunities for mutual cooperation in water management, waste management, irrigation, post harvest infrastructural facilities, which could benefit the state`s small farmers and fruit growers.
Ushpiz invited a delegation from Himachal Pradesh to study various sectors in his country. The team would explore possibilities for future tie-ups and mutual cooperation, the statement added.
Tourism as well as horticulture and hydropower generation are major contributors to Himachal Pradesh`s economic development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat