Israeli envoy meets Virbhadra on future tie-up
New Delhi: Israel`s Ambassador Alon Ushpiz on Monday called on Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
At the meeting, issues related to mutual cooperation were discussed, an official statement from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
It said the Chief Minister stressed upon the need for sharing technical know-how and developing business tie-ups in horticulture, agriculture and security sectors.
Singh said there were also immense opportunities for mutual cooperation in water management, waste management, irrigation, post harvest infrastructural facilities, which could benefit the state`s small farmers and fruit growers.
Ushpiz invited a delegation from Himachal Pradesh to study various sectors in his country. The team would explore possibilities for future tie-ups and mutual cooperation, the statement added.
Tourism as well as horticulture and hydropower generation are major contributors to Himachal Pradesh`s economic development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'