Israeli envoy meets Virbhadra on future tie-up
New Delhi: Israel`s Ambassador Alon Ushpiz on Monday called on Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh here.
At the meeting, issues related to mutual cooperation were discussed, an official statement from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
It said the Chief Minister stressed upon the need for sharing technical know-how and developing business tie-ups in horticulture, agriculture and security sectors.
Singh said there were also immense opportunities for mutual cooperation in water management, waste management, irrigation, post harvest infrastructural facilities, which could benefit the state`s small farmers and fruit growers.
Ushpiz invited a delegation from Himachal Pradesh to study various sectors in his country. The team would explore possibilities for future tie-ups and mutual cooperation, the statement added.
Tourism as well as horticulture and hydropower generation are major contributors to Himachal Pradesh`s economic development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'