ITBP constable arrested for raping minor in Dharamsala
Dharamsala: A constable of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl here.
The constable was here as a member of ITBP contingent to take part in the 61st All India Police Games that concluded here yesterday.
The victim in her complaint alleged that she was returning to her home after watching the closing ceremony of the police games yesterday evening when the incident took place, police said.
She alleged that the accused first asked her phone number and when she refused he forcibly took her to an isolated place and raped her.
The ITBP team was staying in a school near the victim`s home.
The girl, after reaching home, narrated the incident to her parents, and after that a case was registered under section of 376 of Indian Penal Code at Dharamsala Police station, a senior police official said.
The accused was arrested around midnight and a local court sent the him to a three-day police remand today.
Assistant Superintendent of Police, Kangra, Mohit Chawla told that the medical examination of victim has been conducted and the report is awaited.
"We have also sent clothes of victim and the accused to Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL), Dharamsala," said Chawla refusing to divulge the name of accused.
"Until the primary investigation is on we cannot divulge the name of the accused," the ASP said adding that accused was posted at Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury