ITBP constable arrested for raping minor in Dharamsala
Dharamsala: A constable of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl here.
The constable was here as a member of ITBP contingent to take part in the 61st All India Police Games that concluded here yesterday.
The victim in her complaint alleged that she was returning to her home after watching the closing ceremony of the police games yesterday evening when the incident took place, police said.
She alleged that the accused first asked her phone number and when she refused he forcibly took her to an isolated place and raped her.
The ITBP team was staying in a school near the victim`s home.
The girl, after reaching home, narrated the incident to her parents, and after that a case was registered under section of 376 of Indian Penal Code at Dharamsala Police station, a senior police official said.
The accused was arrested around midnight and a local court sent the him to a three-day police remand today.
Assistant Superintendent of Police, Kangra, Mohit Chawla told that the medical examination of victim has been conducted and the report is awaited.
"We have also sent clothes of victim and the accused to Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL), Dharamsala," said Chawla refusing to divulge the name of accused.
"Until the primary investigation is on we cannot divulge the name of the accused," the ASP said adding that accused was posted at Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble